Site News: GeekFest, TradeIns, and Store Items

Discussion in 'MacRumors News Discussion (archive)' started by arn, Jun 6, 2002.

1. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

GeekFest is being organized as a gathering for Macrumors community. Planned on July 12-14 in New Orleans. See this thread for details.

Macrumors advertiser PowerMax.com is now offering a trade-in program for old Macs towards the purchase of a new Mac.

Finally, a couple of new items have been added to the MacRumors.com Store. A Wall Clock and a Frisbee. :)

2. macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

nice

I like the clock and frisbee, they are a nice touch to the store. I wish i could go to geekfest, but alass im stuck in sunny california.
    i might buy a Clock tho.
    -Royal

3. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Its great to see you pluggin GeekFest '02. I'm sorry I'm not going to be there, but maybe next time. We should try and make it a regular thing, whether at the same time as the MacWorld Expos or not.

So where do you find all these things to put the MacRumors logo on and offer them up for sale?

4. macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Hey if I buy a clock and a mouse pad would I become a demi god?
    They look really cool, I also like the t-shirt.

5. macrumors 65816

Taft

A frisbee!!!! Weeeee!!!

Now I can be geeky even when I'm participating in my quasi-non-geeky activities!! Any chance of a MacRumors hacky sack???

Taft