Site Threads (was Panther not quite a 64-bit OS. Apparently, the G5 implement...)

Discussion in 'Site News' started by yzedf, Jul 8, 2003.

1. yzedf macrumors 65816

yzedf

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31659

Arn: You are getting a bit annoying about closing threads. Judging by the number of replies in the various threads under the "MacBytes.com News Discussion" banner, nobody pays much attention to this area. My first inclination was that section (MacBytes.com....) was for posts relating to MacBytes.com:

http://www.macbytes.com/

I don't care to discuss one particular site while on another. That is the appearance of this section, based on its name.

When starting my thread, I looked under "General Apple and Tech Discussion" as well as the "Software Discussion" sections, found nothing, so I posted the above. Notice there is a reply within 14 minutes. There was no reply in the thread under the MacBytes.com area, and it is a day old (much older than mine).

And to top it off, this is a discussion waranting of some focus, as it had been talked about that 10.3 was to be 64bit "for sure" since it was to be new for the G5 which is a 64bit machine.

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

hey

sorry about that...

the MacBytes section is brand new... so it hasn't been used very much.

It does raise a question as to where the new threads posted by MacBytes should be placed.

It's certainly possible for them to be placed in the appropriate forums -- but may serve to clutter the forums.

I'll look into it.

arn

3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

i hope this gets streamlined kinda fast...i think the firs big hurdle will be peopel don't dont' even read macbytes who post the links that are already on the page :)

4. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory