Site Threads (was Panther not quite a 64-bit OS. Apparently, the G5 implement...)

Discussion in 'Site News' started by yzedf, Jul 8, 2003.

1. yzedf macrumors 65816

Nov 1, 2002

Arn: You are getting a bit annoying about closing threads. Judging by the number of replies in the various threads under the " News Discussion" banner, nobody pays much attention to this area. My first inclination was that section ( was for posts relating to

I don't care to discuss one particular site while on another. That is the appearance of this section, based on its name.

When starting my thread, I looked under "General Apple and Tech Discussion" as well as the "Software Discussion" sections, found nothing, so I posted the above. Notice there is a reply within 14 minutes. There was no reply in the thread under the area, and it is a day old (much older than mine).

And to top it off, this is a discussion waranting of some focus, as it had been talked about that 10.3 was to be 64bit "for sure" since it was to be new for the G5 which is a 64bit machine.
  2. arn macrumors god

Staff Member

Apr 9, 2001

sorry about that...

the MacBytes section is brand new... so it hasn't been used very much.

It does raise a question as to where the new threads posted by MacBytes should be placed.

It's certainly possible for them to be placed in the appropriate forums -- but may serve to clutter the forums.

I'll look into it.

3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    i hope this gets streamlined kinda fast...i think the firs big hurdle will be peopel don't dont' even read macbytes who post the links that are already on the page :)
  4. mymemory macrumors 68020

May 9, 2001