Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoikers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2003
Minneapolis
I had ordered mine from the online Apple store. For two months I obsessively checked my e-mails and made several calls to the Apple Store at the Mall of America (beautiful store in Minnesota if you ever get here or have a lay over). Yesterday not thinking that there was a snowballs chance I called the Apple MOA store and asked if they had the 17 inchers in yet and he said "I'm lookin at em right now, two just came in- want one?" It was amazing how fast my credit card popped out of my pocket while I was on the phone.

Nearly missed my flight to Florida in picking it up but how could I have left without Ally (mine was a female version). I have yet to tell her that she is adopted. In time I will l her know : )

She is beautiful!

icetraxxg5

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2002
Commerce Township
Turn the lights off and please tell us how the optical keyboard works! I am dying to hear what people think about it. I wish I could of gotten one of the new 17' PowerBooks too but I got a 17' iMac instead :(

Oh well... This imac is nice... I guess. :eek: :)

zoikers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2003
Minneapolis
Sorry for the delay in response as the Ally and I were in Florida. The way it lights up with the lights off is really kewl. I also have the iMac desk lamp. I don't think that you made a bad choice with that. They are both great so there is no wrong choice. I will be parting with my 500 mhz iBook soon now that Ally is here. Know anybody looking for an inexpensive laptop?

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Originally posted by zoikers
Sorry for the delay in response as the Ally and I were in Florida. The way it lights up with the lights off is really kewl. I also have the iMac desk lamp. I don't think that you made a bad choice with that. They are both great so there is no wrong choice. I will be parting with my 500 mhz iBook soon now that Ally is here. Know anybody looking for an inexpensive laptop?

Always interested in anything that might have a nice price. What are the specs? What are you asking?

Dan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.