Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xtreambar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
Washington, DC
I have a number of avi files that I am starting to convert so that they can play on my PS3 and be added to iTunes. I plan to get a 64 GB iPod Touch when that is announced. Most are 700 MB, 2 hr avi movies. What settings should I use on VisualHub to get the best quality, compatibility, and size considering the original source material?

I recognize that 700 MB avi's are not exactly awesome DVD rips, so using the "Go Nuts", H.264 encoding, "optimize for Apple TV" setting feels like overkill.

Thanks in advance.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
open up the avi files in quicktime. Under the window pulldown, select "Show Movie Inspector". White down the size (w x h) and the bitrate of the video data rate. Most of those avi files are in 128 aac stereo @ 48000hz. Put those settings into the advanced menu of visual hub (or iSquint). Just export to iTunes from Visual Hub and the resulting files should be approximately the same size as the source and look just the same but now compatible with iTunes and AppleTV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.