SJ: A good vegeterian

Discussion in 'Community' started by Wardofsky, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

I'm reading Steve Jobs: The journey is the reward, and I just got over the part when SJ said he was a good vegeterian when going out.

From book:
    Funny, I suggest y'all who haven't read The Journey Is The Reward to read it.

2. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Re: SJ: A good vegeterian

So what did he find out, that it is with animal fat right?
    :rolleyes:

3. Wardofsky thread starter macrumors 65816

Re: Re: SJ: A good vegeterian

Unfortunately so I believe.

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i would say about 50% of the refried beans i've come across across are made with lard... the safe bets when buying in a store... are "fat free" or "vegetarian" (obviously)... the fat free usually are made without lard so as to avoid the fat... of course.

as far as in restaurants... usually one can just say "vegetarian burrito" or whatever, and either it'll be a black bean one, or refried beans, if they're not made with lard

now dairy... that's a tough one.

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

SJ isn't just a vegetarian, he is, or for a long time was, a vegan. but there are many reports of him eating eggs, etc... i dont think he payed much attention :)

pnw

6. Wardofsky thread starter macrumors 65816

I just took a quote from the book.

7. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

that story is either from a while ago (ie, the one in the first post of the thread) or is off... or he's not a vegan

obviously it'd take a good deal of research and knowledge into food to be a good vegan... so surely he'd know about some refried beans being cooked in lard.

it's like knowing that there's some pork in some baked bean/pork n beans... ha

vegan is tough

8. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

wardofsky, i didn't mean to sound like i was arguing with you, i think his (short-lived) vegan days were back in the hippy commune/late 70's. i could be wrong, it's been a loooong time since i've done any good reading...

and yah, veganism is difficult :) i can at least *understand* vegetarianism, but wow... well, to each his own :)

pnw

9. Wardofsky thread starter macrumors 65816