Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
/\ lol

Yes, big time. Big, big time. In fact, I'm rooting for another ice age.

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
Skiing is an elitist activity in which overpaid white folks participate in the childish act of going down a hill (much like a slide) and then going back to the top to do it again.

courtesy of george carlin...

:p ;)

alexstein

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2004
Maybe I should not post a reply here.

' puts flamesuit on '

.....I'm a Snowboarder..... through and through but I never skied in my live. I guess I really don't know what I'm missing out on!!

C

CompUser

retasi said:
Any Ski enthusiasts here?

Yes, I'll take a pic of my skis. They are Atomic C-Series (I think), with marker bindings, and I have salomon ski boots. Its the shiznit.

I go skiing every friday usually.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Love it!! Awesome family sport and the scenery is great too.

Mostly skied here in Oz but learnt as a child on the San Francisco Peaks in AZ and Purgatory, CO. Have skied in Big White and Fernie, BC and worked a season at Lake Louise, AB.

It's my first summer in 2 years now and I miss the snow sooo much.

tpjunkie

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
NYC
I've been skiing for 17 years now...since I was 4 :p . I've tried snowboarding a few times since I surf in the summer, but I only own skiis. Unfortunately, I haven't been in some time, I never can find the time to go when I'm at school, even though I go to school like an hour and a half from white face, 3 and a half hours from killington, and the same distance from mt tremblant...

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I used to ski at least once a month during ski season. :) Now my ski trips are rare and I haven't been to the mountain since I joined MacRumors. :( Coincidence? :eek:

I'm either advanced intermediate or maybe just intermediate intermediate. Of course, even if I'm on the bunny slope I think I'm James Bond going through 40 feet of fresh powder on a near-cliff in the Swiss Alps.

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
Heading to Breck' this weekend :D Snow Bunnies anyone?

lphoto.mtn.cams.jpg

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
retasi said:
Any Ski enthusiasts here?

If you start a thread with "Any [insert whatever] here?" you will always get the response of "This is your x post, and this is it? what does it matter anyway?" from the controversial GayWay thread.

All in good fun. :)

And to answer the question, yup, I ski. I live in a ski resort town, so its pretty convenient :cool:

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I will be going for the first time in the beginning of February.

I hope I don't hurt myself, or die or anything.

I think I am allergic to death.

dali

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2005
I am going skiing (hmmz hope you write it this way) every year. I am going with my family to switserland, it is not that I really love it. But I am not bad in it either.

someguy

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
homerjward said:
Your 37th post, and this is it?

Anyway, what does it matter?
Um.. ok?

My 2nd post and this is it...

Not a big skiier, but snowboarding on the other hand.. love it. Finally got out to the hill yesterday for the first time this season. Needless to say I'm very sore today. :)

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
Counterfit said:
I'll guess Tuckerman's Ravine, which is certainly not a resort. :eek:

No, no it's not! :D Tuck's is awesome though (pic below)! A good guess since I'm from the northeast. The 'tar is from the western US...and within a 'resort' boundary...

Hmmm, maybe I should change my 'tar?

Attachments

• Tucks.jpg
    Tucks.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 158

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
I went skiing for the first time ever this past Saturday. It was great, I had an amazing time. Went to Mount Wachusett in central MA.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
m-dogg said:
No, no it's not! :D Tuck's is awesome though (pic below)! A good guess since I'm from the northeast. The 'tar is from the western US...and within a 'resort' boundary...

Hmmm, maybe I should change my 'tar?
My last guess is Vail. I have nothing to base this on though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.