Skins for Mac mini

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations/Reviews' started by Myradon, Mar 17, 2005.

1. macrumors newbie

http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/2,198.htm

Stumbled accross this while looking at game cube skins. Very interesting and a far cheaper "upgrade" than a new ram stick. However I should ask, does a nice looking computer go faster?

2. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You have to be kidding! Those things take a beautiful computer and make it hideous! Eeewwwww :::shudders:::

3. macrumors G4

Mord

i agree,

and you made two threads :rolleyes:

4. macrumors member

JonoColesUK

I would have to agree that sticking sticky-back plastic on a mac is just stupid.

However the desert storm camo skin for PS2 is pretty awesome :D

5. macrumors 65816

probably kills the resell value, but the only reason why they're ugly is because the skin is for the top only

6. macrumors regular

zimtheinvader

They are not really that bad, at least for someone a bit sick of Apple's 'sterile hospital' scheme... some of them are pretty campy though...
    And they would not wreck the resell value at all since they are completely removable, (apparently they are a rubber, 'goo free, washable," ipod skin sort of thing...) Meh, still the mini is neat+fun but too little max ram...

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

I agree with the hospital theme. When I started loking into buying a mac, (Around December) I was somewhat upset that the "Flavor" line was retired a long time ago. I find the white computers clash more than a little with my house hold theme. (Expects flames)

8. macrumors G4

Lord Blackadder

Meh, I've seen worse.

I'm not a big fan though. I like the simplicy of the mini - it is a visual reduction of a computer to a very simple form. With the stickers it looks like a computer with a big sticker on it, nothing more.

9. macrumors regular

Adds some spice to Apple's new boring aesthetic (the current powermac and imac pale in comparison to the previous designs)

But enough negativity,I like the Mona Lisa and checkered one!

10. macrumors 68030

Platform

Why destroy apples original and beautiful design :confused:

11. macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Dunno. I like the Blue Giant one though. :)