Skins FOR SmartCovers

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Dusky600, Apr 24, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Dusky600

Hey guys,

I've been looking into this since i read about a Carbon Fiber Smart Cover for the ipad 2, wich made me think about putting a carbon fiber skin onto a smart cover to achieve the same effect.

http://droconcepts.com/iPad2/carbon-fiber-ipad-2-case-cover.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmycGhCZaIQ

and i've seen pics and a video from iCarbons.com with carbon looking smartcovers, it's unclear to me if these are just smartcovers made from carbon or theres some actual skin.

cant seem to find anyone selling skins at any rate..

does anyone ever thought about this ? skins for smart covers ? is anyone making stuff like this ?

sorry if theres already a topic about this, only found a topic discussing droconcepts smart cover!

2. macrumors newbie

@stickerboy - skins for smart cover pls.

this is actually a smart idea. Im wondering if Stickerboy could come up with a skin for the smart cover. A clear film on top of the smart cover would probably preserve its beauty. :) :) :)

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Dusky600

i suppose there's not a lot of information on this then ?

4. macrumors 68040

peapody

Why would people cover up a leather smart cover? You boght the cover for the leather :confused:

5. macrumors 68000

I agree. I don't think that skins for the smart cover is a bad idea if done right, but really has no business on the leather covers. If done at all, this really should be for the poly covers only.

6. macrumors 6502

Any risk of damaging the leather upon removal?

7. macrumors 601

clyde2801

Dunno, maybe people are tired of cleaning the lighter colored ones...:rolleyes: Where can you get these?

8. thread starter macrumors regular

Dusky600

in what colors does the carbon come ? i wonder if ti would look good in a gray smart cover...

9. thread starter macrumors regular

Dusky600

what we need is for apple to make a black polysterene or whatever that is, instead of hogging the black color for the leather... i know it's marketing cause black is a more appealing color and that way people have to spend the extra cash.. "dam you capititalistic bastids !", but seriously a black cheaper smart cover would have been nice.