skipping on rev.b 10gb ipod

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by f-matic, May 28, 2003.

1. f-matic macrumors member

i've been using my ipod (rev. b 10gb) for a while now with no problems. recently, however, i was testing an aac of a song i was working on in my ipod, and found that the sound skips at roughly the same point each time i play the song, though in different ways each time: usually around 3:00, but if i rewind and playback, it'll skip a little later, around 3:05. i tried re-encoding the track in mp3 form (using both itunes and bladeenc to see if the problem was the encoding) and get the same problem with the same erratic skipping, at roughly the same time (2:40-3:00)!

the track in question is mastered REALLY loudly (it's basically noise) with lots and lots of bass - would this have anything to do with the skipping? it just seems strange that i've never had any problems with any other mp3/aac but this one, and i usually listen to pretty noisy stuff. i suppose i'm slightly worried it's a hardware thing... anyone have similar experiences?

EDIT: i should probably be more descriptive - it's not so much skipping a la CDs, rather the song just goes silent for 3-5 seconds, while the elapsed time continues as normal. also i'm running ipod 1.3 on there

2. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

If this is not happening on any other songs, I would re-encode the song and see if that helps.