Skokie, IL (Old Orchard) launch- Who's going?

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by Mattstkc, Mar 2, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

I am! I figure with launch on a Friday they'll have enough in stock to last the weekend since they wouldn't be able to get more until at the earliest Monday.

Prob be a line but not terrible since it's a suburbs store on a weekday rush hour launch

Thoughts? Anyone else going?

Black or White? I was set on black but now leaning white, may have to see in person

2. macrumors newbie

so I think the tax rate is 10%? I'm in champaign, no apple store here, sadly... hopefully I can get to an apple store by 3pm, but still haven't decided which one to go..

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

9.75% yeah basically 10. Ordering online I think you only pay 7.5% state sales tax (ABSURD) but if I tried to drive to a lower sales tax Apple store they might sell out. Oh well, I've saved enough to cover taxes anyways.

4. macrumors member

I'm coming here after work (work downtown until 5) so hopefully they'll still have some by the time I get here. My wife and I are trying to get each other one for our anniversary.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

Anyone there? know what's the line like at Skokie yet?

6. macrumors newbie

I'll be heading over there after I get off work at 2:30. Anyone there yet and know what the line situation is like??

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

Looks like either no one is there or no one who goes there is using this forum lol...

8. macrumors newbie

My cousin works there and just got there. He said there's about 50 people right now. I'm heading over now

9. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

Thx for the update. Not too bad really. I'll be there in 1.5 hrs tops.

10. macrumors regular

Got here at 2:30 and I was 30something in line. Looks like it's at about 70 now