Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atMac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
So far Mavericks runs fine on my 13in retina except that Skype crashes. Does anyone else have this?

DarkStar851

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2013
So I'm not going crazy, and it's actually broken. Thank god. Thanks for the 6.0 tip too! I use Skype to talk to colleagues a lot, so it being broken on my main computer was a real headache. Besides that Mavericks seems to be a nice improvement.

6.3.0.582 also seems to be working for me, you can fetch it at http://www.oldapps.com/mac/skype.php?old_skype=11978

I only wish Skype was working correctly on iOS 7 beta 1. I'm using it on my iPhone and besides the odd glitch I'm loving it. Tried all the suggestions I've seen as far as logging in/out and reinstalling goes, no success at all. :(

Anyways, thanks! Haha I'm really happy I have Skype working again! :)

vajon

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
It might be a coincidence or I just got very unlucky but 3 days after I installed Mavericks my SSD died in my 2012 MacBook Air. It crashed 3 times and I could not restart it the 4th time.

I tried to reinstall the machine but Disk Utility showed me the drive with a 33kbyte size and format option was disabled.

Apple Service told me it has to be replaced, no way of saving it. Their test system displayed it as a 33kbyte drive as well.

I just got my machine back from service. Do not plan to reinstall Mavericks this time. I am a little sad I installed in the past every developer review of Lion and Mountain Lion as well and never had a problem besides some apps not working like Skype for Mavericks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.