Skype for Mac with video

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Beligerent, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Beligerent macrumors regular

Beligerent

So yesterday im over at the skype boards and one of the developers working on the much anticipated Skype w/ video version goes ahead and prematurely releases it. It's beta software and I have it on my site normanhartdotcom.

It works very well

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Isn't this the one where there were warnings that it could hose your Mac completely and since the real beta would be out shortly, you shouldn't try it just for the sake of it?

3. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

i agree and at 18.7mb it's a bit chunky - i will not be trying this on any of MY Mac's :p

4. Beligerent thread starter macrumors regular

Beligerent

absolutely...it could hose your Mac although it hasnt done it on any that I know of. I tried it and it runs beautifully. I'm just putting it out there for my friends in the Mac community. Mac users have waited so long in frustration for a decent Skype version. Im not saying its even the right thing to do by using this. Obviously NDA's and such have been broken in regards to this being dropped.

5. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

My advice to anyone looking at this would be to NOT download it. Skype (and others) have said that it's very likely to do bad things to your Mac. The real Skype with Video for Mac is supposed to be out soon.

6. LeMarsu macrumors newbie

LeMarsu

7. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    The only "bad" thing that they say could happen is that you could lose your current Skype Contacts....

But, I'll still wait for the official release because I'm not in any hurry for this...

8. Earendil macrumors 68000

Earendil

Well yeah. How do you complain on internet forums with a fubar Mac? :rolleyes: :D

9. LeMarsu macrumors newbie

LeMarsu

Once you've restore your backup!

10. MaTiCeK macrumors member

I'm using it since the first time it was posted. And well, I have not had any problems. Why are you so afraid to try beta software?