SKYPE Instant messaging problems..

Discussion in 'macOS' started by morerumors, Oct 26, 2005.

1. morerumors macrumors newbie

Hi... I seem to have lost my previous registration details, so first off on the "new" acount..

I'm running Tiger and use Skype, but I'm having problems with the Instant messaging service. I get sent an instant message and I try to click in the box in order to reply but I just cannot get the cursor to activate the text box :confused: Basically, I just cannot click, write & reply... ?

Just to confuse matters, It DID work not long ago, but for some reason, it's not now..

I've since downloaded the most recent version, but no joy... A friend has suggested running APPLEJACK, but looking at the program, is scares me a little !

Is this a common Mac / Skype issue ?

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

delete the app and all the associated files and try again. While I didn't have this issue, I did have a weird issue where the tabs were combining into a jumbled mess.

Spotlight for Skype and that should help you find all the files.

3. morerumors thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll try it, but I still have a load of pre-paid phone credit which I don't wanty to lose !
    :eek:

4. morerumors thread starter macrumors newbie

I just trashed all Skype files, re-installed the software, and the problem is still there.. :(

Any more ideas ?

5. The Void macrumors regular

The Void

You could try the old standbys of Repair Permissions, and Trash The Preferences.

Can't hurt.

The Void
    Hipper priest