Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

morerumors

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Hi... I seem to have lost my previous registration details, so first off on the "new" acount..

I'm running Tiger and use Skype, but I'm having problems with the Instant messaging service. I get sent an instant message and I try to click in the box in order to reply but I just cannot get the cursor to activate the text box :confused: Basically, I just cannot click, write & reply... ?

Just to confuse matters, It DID work not long ago, but for some reason, it's not now..

I've since downloaded the most recent version, but no joy... A friend has suggested running APPLEJACK, but looking at the program, is scares me a little !

Is this a common Mac / Skype issue ?

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
delete the app and all the associated files and try again. While I didn't have this issue, I did have a weird issue where the tabs were combining into a jumbled mess.

Spotlight for Skype and that should help you find all the files.

morerumors

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
kingjr3 said:
delete the app and all the associated files and try again. While I didn't have this issue, I did have a weird issue where the tabs were combining into a jumbled mess.

Spotlight for Skype and that should help you find all the files.

I'll try it, but I still have a load of pre-paid phone credit which I don't wanty to lose !
:eek:

morerumors

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
I just trashed all Skype files, re-installed the software, and the problem is still there.. :(

Any more ideas ?

The Void

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2003
You could try the old standbys of Repair Permissions, and Trash The Preferences.

Can't hurt.

The Void
Hipper priest

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.