Skype is really pissing me off....like really

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by lina231, Sep 22, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

So Skype is not working with me at all. When I get on and try to video call my boyfriend and it's saying that I do not have my camera...which is bull because it is built in. So i try to uninstall Skype...and it won't let me uninstall the App. I am beyond frustrated with this and just want it off of my Mac completely now. I am beyond frustrated because this is how my boyfriend and I communicate when facetime isn't working (which more often then not it isn't) because we are in a long distance relationship. When I go into the settings its saying that there is no camera connected, but when I use facetime it works fine...I'm just really frustrated and would appreciate it if anyone could tell me how to make it work or try to get the damn thing off of my computer.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. macrumors 68030

Spink10

Skype - Preferences - Audio/Video - Camera: (greyed out - cannot select a camera?)?

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Yep, can't select it at all...

4. macrumors 68030

Spink10

5. macrumors regular

6. macrumors regular

I had this same problem with a 2013 Air running latest os and latest skype.
    It is an ongoing problem for the last 2 years at least. There is a conflict between the operating system and skype.

I did fix it by googling the issue. It relates to downloading a small zip file, deleting the current apple webcam file and then pasting that downloaded file in the said folder.
    Heres the fix: http://community.skype.com/t5/Mac/O...cBook-Air/td-p/1891729/highlight/true/page/14

Took a few seconds but now works 100%. Dont dispair!

7. macrumors 6502a

Remember.... Microsoft bought Skype (no further explanation required)