Skype issues for MB

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacIllini, Jan 11, 2007.

1. MacIllini macrumors member

gf's MacBook C2D is having trouble with Skype...

installed Skype and everything was fine for 2 days. since then, keeps getting speaker/mic feedback when using Skype - even when volume is mid-level and microphone sensitivity is turned down. works ok when speaker volume is turned down very low, but then it's hard to hear (obviously).

Any MacBook owners having similar speaker/mic "feedback" issues with Skype or any other audio/video chat program?

p.s. My own MacBook Pro works fine with Skype

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Just save yourself the trouble and get a headset.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Don't think so, but I've only called Call Centres, though I did have similar problems with my iMac G5. I would agree with the headset comment, if you have a bluetooth one with you're phone it should work.

4. MacIllini thread starter macrumors member

yeah, been using a headset in the meantime...

just seemed kinda odd that the mic/speakers worked fine for the first 2 days and then all of a sudden all this feedback starting appearing. would be nice to have a mic on a laptop that actually functioned properly ya know?

5. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

It is functioning though? Its picking up the output from the speakers, just like any good little omni-directional mic should.

So if you want better calls without echo, get yourself a headset or at a minimum wear headphones.

You probably didn't hear it before because Skype does have some echo reduction built in.

6. MacIllini thread starter macrumors member

ahh.. that would make sense