Skype on a "barebones" powerbook?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by w00tmaster, Sep 14, 2006.

1. w00tmaster macrumors regular

I have a job phone job interview next week, however since I am in Germany and the caller is in Japan, she decided that we should do the call via Skype.

Now I have never used skype, so here is my question: Would you recommend using a headset during the call or is the powerbook's mic and speakers good enough? Will I hear echo if I just use my powerbook without the headset?

2. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

USE A HEADSET. I apologize for the shouting there, but I simply can't emphasize it enough. And not only a headset, but a USB headset. Ideally, you both should have them.

I've tried skyping many times with only the built-in audio for my PB, but it's almost always a disaster. With a USB headset, it sounds like you're in the same room, simply amazing!!

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Absolutely, use a USB headset like those from Logitech and Sennheiser. The sound quality is amazing.

4. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

I have skype on my 5 year old ibook and I find it usable without a headset, especially if you're in a quiet room......certainly a headset will give you better sound though and if you have one you should use it