Skype Wireless Phone - Mac Compatable

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by BakedBeans, Feb 28, 2006.

1. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

I cannot seem to find a skype phone that is wireless and works with mac - can anyone point me in the right direction

2. pardonator macrumors newbie

3. pardonator macrumors newbie

Ah...i've just realised you wanted wireless.... All i know is they are making a wireless one as well

4. BakedBeans thread starter macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

thanks for the feedback - i do want something wireless be it a headset or a phone...

cant even seem to find nice ones that work with mac that are wired

5. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

I am not exactly sure what you are looking for. But if you just want wireless I use a bluetooth headset, however that does not allow me to dial which I think is what you are looking for.

6. TheMac19 macrumors regular

TheMac19

Don't know if dialing is mandatory or not, but definitely check out the hulger phones - dead sexy with or without wires...

Attached Files:

7. BakedBeans thread starter macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

it works with skype?

have you got a link? i can dial through skype

8. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

Yea, almost perfectly. I just got a standard cell phone blue tooth headset from the local Verizon store. Mac OS X configured it the same way you would a mouse without a problem and once it was synced it shows up in the audio options for Skype. That easy.

NOTE: There are a few quirks, like the bluetooth status thing says that it disconnects the headset after about 1 min of not using it. However, when I call with Skype it automatically reconnects with the headset without me doing anything 90% of the time. On occasion I do have to end the call before the other end has picked up and call again to get the headset to connect but not a big deal as it takes only a few seconds.

This is the headset I have.

9. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

Here you go my friend.

www.ipevo.com

My friend that came in town this weekend has the free-1 white phone, and uses it with his powerbook. I will be getting one because he is moving to Wales, and my wife and his wife can talk all they want @ no cost. Yipee!