Skype with 10.3.8

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thequicksilver, Feb 27, 2005.

1. thequicksilver macrumors 6502a

thequicksilver

A few days ago, Skype released a new update, 1.0.0.7 IIRC. I downloaded and installed it, and then tried to run it. It bounced a few times, but didn't open. I tried deleting all the prefs files, but it's just not working. It did the same after I reinstalled Skype 1.0. As it stands, both versions fail to load.

This was the first time I've opened Skype since installing 10.3.8, and am wondering if this issue is isolated to those using 10.3.8, or if something's just wrong at my end.

If any of you could confirm whether or not Skype is working for you under 10.3.8 - or if you've discovered the issue and solved it - I'd be grateful.

Please don't post just to say that it works fine in 10.3.7, I already know that. :) :D

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

I use 1.0.0.0 under 10.3.8 without any problems. If you've deleted preferences, try repairing permissions, it might help.

I just launched and got the notice to update - maybe I'll hold off!

3. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

Using Skype 1.0.0 on 10.3.8 and its fine, I did read on Skype forums of problems for mac users with the update.

4. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

Skype version 1.0.0.7 works fine for me - OS 10.3.8 ... I just used it earlier as a matter of fact

5. Rubin421 macrumors member

I'm using the latest one (1.0.0.7) with 10.3.8, and it doesn't remember my personal settings, even though I check the box everytime.
    It keeps asking for a username and a password, and then asks me to confirm my profile... Bummer!

6. Eastend macrumors 6502

I'm using 1.0.0.7 version of Skype on an old Ti PowerBook, call to US from Japan regularly. I still have about a half a second delay and maybe a tiny echo, but it works great and saves money. No real problems under Mac OS 10.3.8. Really do need a set of headphones with mike (USB), anybody know where I can get one?

Brian

7. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

That's exactly the problem I have. It occurred since I used the new version (1.0.0.7).

8. frenetic macrumors regular

I am using Skype 1.0.0.7 on Mac OS X 10.3.8 without any problem. On a powerbook 15 inch 1.33 ghz. I did notice, however, a slight reduction in audio quality, but I don't know whether that is network related or due to Skype's newer version.

9. thequicksilver thread starter macrumors 6502a

thequicksilver

To clarify, the problem I'm having is being experienced by some others, as shown in this thread at the Skype forum.

For those of you having issues with preferences in 1.0.0.7, this thread may help you out.

Skype still doesn't work here. :mad:

10. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

I have the same problem.
    Bad sound and a bit delay what exactly do I do
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

11. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Unfortunately, this doesn't solve the problem I have...