Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joeytpg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Vienna, Austria
Hi, i have a simple question:

How can i prevent the computer from "disconnecting" my wireless internet connection when i put it to sleep.........

it's annoying because, i can't close the display whithout loosing my internet connection............what does it really happen?...simple..........i have my wifi connection right?...but if i close the display, or if i manually set the Sleep mode, it looses connection......when i wake the computer off, the Wireless connection is shown as if it the airport was shut down.

Any idea how to solve this?

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003

Um, that's kinda the point of sleep, for the computer to actually almost shut down...you can't have the computer sleep while still online.

Applespider

macrumors G4
It should stop the connection while the computer sleeps but it should also automatically reconnect when it wakes up again - is this what it's not doing?

Is your location on automatic with Airport as the top choice?

If it's on this and not automatically reconnecting, try turning off Airport (from the menu bar), going to Keychain (in Applications) and deleting your network details from there. Then turn your Airport back on and reconnect to your network. I've not had this problem but I recall reading about someone who did and found that the above helped - no idea why!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.