Sleep Pattern?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ee99ee, Oct 2, 2006.

1. ee99ee macrumors 6502

Mar 9, 2006
    When do you all sleep? I've been able to maintain my sleep schedule for a little over a week now without any major disruptions, and I feel much better. I'm usually in bed by 9 or 10pm and up at 4:30 on the weekdays, sleep in until 6 or so on the weekends.

It's really weird, because I used to be a major night person -- up at 1 or 2pm, in bed at 5 or 6am. I usually pass my roomates going to bed when I get up in the mornings, and it's so quite... very nice, I get so much done in the mornings (like posting random threads on mac rumors).

2. thworple macrumors 6502

Oct 20, 2005
    Sussex, England
    Usually in bed around 11-11:30pm, up at 8am. I'm very much a night person though, and often find it difficult to motivate myself to go to bed, and I'm bloody terrible at getting up in the morning! :rolleyes:
  3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    There was a similar thread to this posted a few days ago, but I actually have a question regarding "sleep cycles."

Do people sleep in 4 hour cycles, or is that total poo? I mean, I believe that people do have 4 hour sleep cycles, but I was told that sleeping 9 hours isn't as good as sleeping 8 hours because if you sleep 9 hours, you're into a 3rd sleep cycle and are trying to get into REM sleep once again. Sleeping 10 hours is even worse than 9 hours. :eek:

It's just something I've heard, though. I just want confirmation from someone other than my friend.
  4. ee99ee thread starter macrumors 6502

Mar 9, 2006
    I think it's crap, and true... All I know is that if I get 9-10 hours of sleep, I feel 100% better than if I get just 8. I require more sleep than most people, though. As far as waking up, I wake up when I'm well rested which is usually 9 or 10 hours of sleep.

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Jun 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
  6. zwida macrumors 6502a

Jan 5, 2001
    I'd like to say it sounds like hooey, but I've been living on 4 hours a night of sleep for the last four months, so my experience may suggest that it's legit.

Of course, what consitutes living is subjective. I get pretty tired around 3 in the afternoon...
  7. thedude110 macrumors 68020

Jun 13, 2005
    I'm up most mornings at 6, in bed most nights by 10.

I'm much more of a night person than a morning person, though -- I do my best reading and writing after the sun (an oppressive beast, as far as I'm concerned) has long gone down. Thank god for shorter days, etc.

During the summers I'm likely to sleep in until about 9 and stay up until about 2. Much more human.

Today is Yom Kippur, which means schools are closed. Get to spend my grading and prep time at home with the dog. And MR.