Sleeping Power Book - Part 3

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by dummptyhummpty, Apr 27, 2006.

1. dummptyhummpty macrumors regular

May 4, 2005
    To read up on the previous conversations just do a search for my username + sleeping.

I took my powerbook into the Apple Store to see if they could maybe figure out if my sleeping powerbook is caused by bad hardware. The "genius" restarted my powerbook and as it was starting up he said it had a bad logic board. He said that he determined this since he was hitting the "caps lock" key and it was not lighting up. He said that the keyboard should be getting power as soon as the power button is pressed and that my powerbook was taking too long to start up. He then said I should back up my 'book and send it out for two weeks. How valid does this sound? Also it seems like my powerbook goes to sleep when the battery is fully charged. I am testing this theory now. I will report back.
  2. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

Jan 24, 2006
    He knows what he's talking about. Back it up, pack it up, and out it goes.
  3. dummptyhummpty thread starter macrumors regular

May 4, 2005
    Damn I need it for school :-( oh well maybe it's time to figure out how to get OSX on my P4 :-D
  4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Heh, it sounds off the cuff to me, but it's much, much better than them denying you have logic board issues over and over again. Pain now, maybe less pain later? :eek:
  5. dummptyhummpty thread starter macrumors regular

May 4, 2005
    Good point. He did hook me up with a new tech tools Cd also since mine would not boot. Any second I should see this thing go to sleep. I think the battery is charged and it just says calculating.