Sleepy new iBook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by California, Jan 19, 2006.

1. macrumors 68040

California

My iBook 1.42ghz seven weeks old now, likes to go to sleep after I'm using it and then, when I try to wake her up, it takes slapping the space bar two or three times before she snaps out of her nap.

Today, she will go right back to a black screen for a second until I press space bar again and again and then she wakes up.

Is this normal? I'm not that well versed in how and why i should be keeping her in sleep mode in the first place, but sometimes I just keep her on when I go out and she goes to sleep.

I'm always suspicious of her Fujistu hard drive - - tho that probably has nothing to do with it. If I had known it was a Fujistu hd I would not have picked this machine for purchase. Anyway, should this iBook take that much space bar action to wake up from a deep sleep?

2. macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

First thing I'd do, although I'm no expert, is check the System Preferences -> Energy Saver, and ensure that you have the times set correctly for 'sleeping' and 'display' - I use High Performance, but my laptop's always plugged in...

Hope this helps

3. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Hmm, it shouldn't act like that. Maybe reset the PMU, it might help. :)