Sleeve for Macbook Air Superdrive

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Dowjohnny, Jun 8, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Dowjohnny

Hi everybody,

i have the Macbook Air Superdrive for my MBA and take it a lot with me. The air is in a sleeve but the drive just goes in my backpack and i don't really like that.. I wouldn't mind some marks/scuffs but i always fear that there will be some internal damage when i flung the backpack around etc..

Can anyone recommend a solution like a sleeve for it? As far as i know there are no dedicated sleeves but maybe one that is designed for digital cameras / HDDs etc. could fit?

How do you travel with your superdrive?

Thanks for your advice!

best

Dowjohnny

2. macrumors regular

check out your local Muji store - they have some great cases, I bought some great cases for microphones etc, I'm sure you'll find something black and minimalist that has padding and fits the superdrive.

3. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

Just looking at the dimensions (5.5 x 5.5") it looks a like a cheap Amazon Kindle sleeve would work.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Dowjohnny

Thats a nice idea, i'll check that out. Otherwise i will go to a local electronics store and see, if a case for any other device could fit! :D

5. KylePowers, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013

macrumors 68000

KylePowers

6. macrumors regular

7. macrumors 65816

i did a quick google search, looks like they do make them.

check this one out:
    Amazon US

that's a protective case as opposed to a sleeve but it might be perfect for you.