Sleeve for MBP with Speck Shell

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by w8ing4intelmacs, Nov 27, 2006.

1. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

I bought a Speck SeeThru Hard Case for my MacBook Pro and I love it. Not only does it have style points (i.e., red color), I feel so much better when i hold it with one hand.

That said, there are enough openings in the case that I don't feel that comfortable putting it in my backpack as it is. Any suggestions on a sleeve that would fit a MBP with the Speck Case?

2. interlaced macrumors 6502a

interlaced

i have mine in an incase sleeve, the one with the handles. it's a REALLY tight squeeze but it gets in there. i have a timbuk2 backpack as well and it fits better in there.

3. w8ing4intelmacs thread starter macrumors 6502a

By the way, I don't mind if the sleeve looks ghetto. I just want it to completely cover my mbp (with speck case) while in my backpack.

4. josta macrumors member

Tom Bihn should work

I have a Tom Bihn sleeve for my mbp. I haven't purchased the speck yet as I am waiting for their c2d model to come out, but customer service at Tom Bihn said there shouldn't be a problem with having the spec cover on and getting the mbp into the sleeve. The lady I talked to even went to the speck web site to check it out while we were on the phone. She also said if it doesn't fit I can return the Tom Bihn no problem.
    I love the Tom Bihn sleeve (braincell horizontal). I think it offers great protection from the bumbs and jostles my computer experiences in my messenger bag.

5. w8ing4intelmacs thread starter macrumors 6502a

So. Is there anyone else with experience with using a sleeve for an MBP with a Speck Shell?

6. iBecks macrumors 6502

I have the speck shell see thru case (Red) and use a Booq Viper case.

They fit perfectly and I am now happy to place this in my backpack.

7. w8ing4intelmacs thread starter macrumors 6502a

How tight is the fit? I used to have a booq vyper for my old powerbook, and the fit was pretty tight with just the poewrbook.

8. w8ing4intelmacs thread starter macrumors 6502a