Sleeve Help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by VeganBryan, Jul 25, 2006.

1. VeganBryan macrumors member

for the macbook, to go in a regular backpack.

tom bihn soft cell

or

stm glove

it's down to these two. one or the other. please don't recommend another.

2. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

I like the glove better, cause it has a zipper, makes me feel more secure about my lappy;).

3. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

Incase builds a pretty nice sleeve as well. You may want to check it out at the online Apple store.

4. Acehigh macrumors 6502

I brought an Incase Sleeve... direct from the apple retail store. Dont have to worry about shipping. I like it.

Attached Files:

5. nickkelbackk macrumors member

look at booqbags.com they have a viper sleeve and I am about to buy it and it is very nice

6. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

I have a Incase and a Tucano second skin for my powerbook (12"). The tucano is nice and comact whilst the Incase (which I got from apple) is a bit tougher and offers better protection.

7. Blazer5913 macrumors 6502

I'm in the exact same situation. I need a sleeve to fit in my NorthFace Backpack for college, so it really can't take up that more space. I was previously really interested in the inCase sleeve at the Apple store for my 15 MBP, but after looking at the glove you recommended, I'm really liking that! Tell me what you decide please, PM!

8. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

9. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

I'm going to behave, and listen to what you said by not recommending another... I waited for someone else to recommend the one I would, and I'll just second it. (That's not cheating, is it?)
    I'd suggest the stm glove, as it's closer to the Tucano. I like the flexible neoprene cases. I'd choose that one over the bihn bag any day.

10. T-Stex macrumors 6502

I've got the Booq Vyper XS2 for my MacBook, and I love it. It fits like a glove, and provides scratch protection, and a little bit of impact protection. The Vyper is a perfect size, and doesn't take up much more room than the MacBook itself. I bought it to use with my North Face Seven Summits Recon backpack, and it fits perfectly inside the laptop sleeve in the back.

11. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

The only issue that I've had with my Vyper is that the inside is very smooth. It's great that it's soft, but unless the case is zipped sufficiently on at least 3 sides, any attempt to pick up the laptop will result in the laptop sliding out of the case. This seems obvious, but does not happen with neoprene sleeves. It's my biggest dislike about the Vyper, and the one that caused a big dent on the corner. (The case, with laptop inside, was handed to me. From the angle that I saw, the case was zipped, however, it was not zipped completely, and my grabbing it resulted in the whole laptop to slide out the other end, and land on the concrete floor 2 feet below.)

12. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

I'd go for the glove as it seems to be a better fit, and its neoprene like my Incase which has so far been very good for me. Mainly based on the fact that the glove has a zip which is more secure, however, you need to be sure the zip doesn't scratch the MacBook inside.

13. rdp5008 macrumors regular

rdp5008

Macdaddy: I have an applesac on the way (the original). I can't comment on if it will scratch the computer, but remind me next week and I'll let you know what I think after playing with it for a few days.

As for the original post, I think the glove looks better. That's what I would get between the two. I'm sure they both will work just fine though, good luck!

14. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

Thanks. The inside of the sleeve is obviously important but I know that I am going to put the notebook on the outside of the sleeve when I am not at home (i.e. coffee shop, book store) and I don't want it to wear on the notebook exterior. Thanks again for the heads up and I will send you a PM to remind you.

15. VeganBryan thread starter macrumors member

the reason i said not to suggest any others is that i have seriously looked at just about EVERY sleeve that is custom fit for the macbook, weighed the pros and cons of each (price, availability, quality, etc.), and narrowed it down to those two. the reason the glove is an option but not the rebound is because the rebound won't ship until august 28, but my girlfriend (the sleeve is for her) is leaving for college on august 20. i've already seen all of the other sleeves you guys are suggesting, researched them, and decided they weren't the right one. so what i'm asking is, if you HAD to choose between the glove and the tom bihn, which would it be?

16. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Most of us, somewhere in the mess of off-topic-ness that we posted, mentioned which one we'd choose.

Sorry your point got lost initially.

I vote Glove.

17. T-Stex macrumors 6502

18. eddx macrumors regular

eddx

19. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

I'm sorry to "hijack" the thread, but it would be stupid to create another one so similar... but are there any MBP sleeves out there that have small storage compartments on them? For example, a sleeve that can hold, in addition to the laptop, the AC power adapter and magsafe cord? thanks!

and to keep with the thread... I vote the glove

20. pins macrumors newbie

About My AppleSac

So I just got my AppleSac in the mail (actually I bought two, the burlap one and the terry cloth one here: http://www.applesac.com/eddiewouldgo) and I love them! And to answer the question about whether the outside will stratch it--no i really don't think so. I've had mine for a week and nothing like that. The material is pretty soft. Anyway I recommend them both.

21. Lau Guest

That looks like a big laptop nappy (diaper)! :D That's my feedback, as I assume it's your or a friends company. :p

22. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

Is the outside compartment big enough to actually hold the power cord....or is it pointless?

23. drake macrumors 6502a

drake

Buy them both and send me the one you don't like. :p

24. ExileinBlonde macrumors member

Glad to hear it. I ordered the "EddieWouldGo" a few days ago!!