Sleeves in Canada

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Dynamyk, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

Is there anywhere I can go to get a good laptop sleeve in Canada, my parents don't trust putting their credit card on the internet so I don't know what else to do, I need something to protect my baby when I'm going to school, I just don't know where and what to get.

2. Steadmuffin macrumors member

I'm in the same boat as you. I live in Ottawa, Ontario, so my sleeve choices were quite limited. Depending on where you go to university, or if you go, check out your campus store. I went to the Carleton U campus store and was surprised to see the STM iBook glove and a Marware sleeve as well. Only $32 CDN, I picked up the STM.

I tried Bestbuy/Futureshop, but they don't sell sleeves, just cases. Try very specialized computer stores if any exist near you.

3. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Canada is pretty big...

Whereabouts do you live in Canada?

4. JonMaker macrumors regular

If you live in a city, you should find something somewhere. If you live in the rest of Canada, good luck.

5. Dynamyk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

6. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Well, if you find a sleeve you like online, most reputable merchants will have a phone number-- you could try phoning in your parents' credit card info.

7. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

I would check with the Apple store in Toronto.
    At least here in Houston, the Apple store has a reasonable selection of sleeves & cases.
    Smart thinking about getting a case to protect your new baby!

Best wishes!

8. The_Man macrumors 6502

The_Man

Just ask a friend to order it online and then pay them in cash. :D

9. Sybersport macrumors newbie

If you live in Toronto, then goto Compusmart in Eaton Center (it's right near the little center kiosk thing with the freshly squeezed juice etc. store)

I picked up a Marware case there, $34.95+tax, for my powerbook. Works like a charm.