slideshow help quick, please.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by saga, Feb 9, 2007.

1. saga macrumors regular

Hey everyone. I have a slideshow to put together, and I am running into a problem. My friend would like captions on certain pictures within the slideshow, but she does not like the burns effect that iDVD uses. I am able to shut this off in iPhoto, though cannot seem to create captions. I can create captions in iMovieHD, but cannot turn off the burns effect. I can import the slideshow from iPhoto into iDVD, but have no editing control over the pics themselves.
    This is quite the situation. Please help.

2. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Yes you can indeed turn off the ken burns effect in iMovie.

When you are in the media section of iMovie select a picture, DO NOT DRAG IT IN. Then you should see a little black box somewhere that has the settings for the ken burns effect, just Un-check the box that says Ken Burns Effect and it will import without the effect (you can import it by clicking the checkbox on the preview screen). From here you can add captions with titles. Good luck!

3. saga thread starter macrumors regular

4. ackdev macrumors newbie

seems you know your stuff I photo slideshow

Hi
    What is the limit of pictures I can import to a slideshow in I-Photo and IDVD
    Thanks

5. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

I don't believe there is a limit. The more photos you put in, the longer rendering will take.