Slideshow "play" button on bottom bar of photo albums is stupid and out of place

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Feb 21, 2013.

1. macrumors 68020

I constantly hit it when using zephyr. Why is it there? How many people regularly want to view an entire photo album at a slow pace? Apple really makes some bizarre and idiotic design choices

2. macrumors P6

Intell

You're blaming Apple for putting a button in a bad place because the place that they have the button causes something to happen that they never designed in to iOS? Apple doesn't design around jailbreak tweaks. In their point of view, the button is in a great place and not impeding anything.

3. thread starter macrumors 68020

Obviously I know they didn't design w jailbreak tweaks in mind, I'm stating that totally regardless of it's inconvenient placement to me, it is a stupid and pointless place for this pointless feature.

4. macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Personally, I don't use it. But my parents do. And so do the parents of my friends. I don't know why but many adults/parents I know seem to like it.

5. thread starter macrumors 68020

Thank you, that perfectly explains how stupid this button is

6. macrumors 68000

Does it?

Or does it prove that people use it and therefore the button being there isn't stupid?

7. macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

So I guess you're not as mature as an adult. Just another infantile dumb little kid.

Exactly. Kids these days...

8. macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Maybe you need new hands...or a new phone.

Do you ever accidentally hit the "edit" button in Messages?

Does anyone get annoyed when autocorrect changes "so" to "do"?

Has anyone noticed lack of responsiveness when scrolling through friends in Fbook?

Why is "send as a text message" included alongside copy?

Do you get used to awkward feel/shape of the iPhone 5?

Why is there nothing that reads your texts aloud to you?

Does anyone ever accidentally click the "All/Missed" buttons above recent calls?

Anyone else not like how Pandora starts playing right when you open it?

Anyone else find it annoying that you can't just cancel an email w/out deleting draft

Is there no other way to "undo" other than the awkward "shake to undo"?

9. thread starter macrumors 68020

No but adults are notoriously and understandably out of touch with modern technology and culture and therefore something they find to be useful or "cool" is usually the opposite

10. macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Yet it's the adults who designed said modern technology. Facebook wasn't created by a teenager. Neither was Twitter. Nor Samsung's popular Galaxy phones. Nor the evasi0n jailbreak. Nor iPhone.

11. thread starter macrumors 68020

Those "adults" leading the design and tech world are not in any way the same demographic as the typical fuddy duddy parents who are content with dialup and flip phones

12. macrumors P6

It's called different people using different things, and using them differently than others at times too. None of that makes something right or wrong, good or bad, or anything else. It doesn't apply to just phone interfaces, or technology, or anything specific--it's how reality works, has worked for ages, and will work in the future, nothing more.

13. macrumors 65816

adnbek

I think I literally lost a few IQ points reading your posts in this thread OP.
    Good job!

14. macrumors 68000

Defender2010

Unbelievably dumb thread. What planet are you living on?

15. macrumors newbie

16. macrumors 6502a

I really feel bad for your parents. Do they know you badmouth them about the very things they buy for you when your constant whining becomes too much for them to handle?

Go do your homework.

17. macrumors regular

18. macrumors 65816

Why did you start this thread?What on Earth did you hope to achieve?I'm genuinely curious since I can't imagine a single coherent motive.

Hey maybe I'm to old,eh?