slideshow software with text slides

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HugMnster, Apr 10, 2006.

1. HugMnster macrumors member

I[m looking for some software to make a slideshow of pictures but need to add in some slides with text only. Was not able to do that with iphoto an add text on an empty slide. I have all the pictures but need to put some text only slides in between a few of the pictures an put it out on a cd/dvd .

thanks

jack

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

When I think 'slideshow' I think Keynote. You could do this very easily with Keynote if you already have it. You can export presentations in a variety of formats.

3. HugMnster thread starter macrumors member

Thanks I will try keynote since I just got it installed. Will check into the imovie suggestion too. Thanks to both of you.

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I think that's the best way. You can add songs and such like you would in iPhoto if you like, using the media browser. About the only thing you can't do is the 'Ken Burns' pan and zoom effect. Everything else is there, and then some. Enjoy learning Keynote, it's really nice software.

5. HugMnster thread starter macrumors member

It will take a while with 100 plus pictures to put in the slideshow but like you said there more in keynote then iphoto. I'm fairly new to the mac an not sure what all things do. Have had the mac mini since sept of last year but not had much time to play with it at home, staying buisy with 2 1/2 yr kids an extra work after my main job. So i took it to work to learn things on there. I'm the network admin an trying it out on what I can use it for for everyday work:D .

jack

6. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

100 photos is quite a bit, I didn't realize it would be quite that many. If you'd like to add text though, I can't think of any other way. Plus, you can use all of the sweet transitions that Keynote has.

It's a nice software package, I think you'll find plenty of uses for it at work and home :) .

Good luck.

7. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

for all those who dobt yet have keynote and refuse t use microsoft stuff as i do, openoffice impress is ok, but really just powerpoint with an even worse GUI but opensource