Slideshow to TV how-to's? G3PB(Pismo) or new?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by J. Bensinger, Nov 28, 2004.

1. J. Bensinger macrumors newbie

I went to Kenya this summer – took lots of pix with a digital camera/compact flash memory. Downloaded them into iPhoto. Now what do I do with ‘em?

I currently have 2 Macs. A desktop G4 iMac, and a G3 Powerbook/Pismo/400. The PB is maxed out in RAM (512) but when I added Panther, found I have no memory left to do anything else, especially adding digital photos.

I was hoping to bore a whole audience at once with a TV ‘slide show’, either iPhoto (or possibly Powerpoint?) using my PB. Bought an iTV Link. Tried burning a DVD of all my gazillion Kenya pix on my desktop G4 iMac, but I musta done something wrong cuz my PB doesn’t want to read it.

Bottom line question: can my good ol’ G3 Powerbook handle doing a TV slide show of some type with my digital pix? If so, how? Or is it time to take the plunge and get a G4 iBook or G4 PB? If this is the option I should head for, which is better for the slide show function? Otherwise, I just use my laptop for genealogy.

Thanks in advance!
    J. Bensinger (chieffoo@comcast.net)

2. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

iPhoto does slide shows (at least, the version I have - 4.0.3 - plays slide shows).
    There is an icon at the bottom of the iPhoto window, next to the print icon.
    Sometimes the transitions can be a bit jerky, esp if a few other apps are running.

Try it out ... only you can judge whether you are satisfied with how the Pismo handles it.

Have fun

3. J. Bensinger thread starter macrumors newbie

kiwi-in-uk:

Thanks for the reply!

I have used the iPhoto slideshow before, but need to know how to take it from my G3PB/Pismo to the TV - or if that's even possible. I upgraded my PB to Panther -- that seems to have used all the memory and doesn't allow me to download my iPhoto albums/folders/database. Tried to make a DVD on my G4 iMac desktop, but my PB doesn't seem to read it. I probably did it wrong, having never done a DVD before.

<<...iPhoto does slide shows (at least, the version I have - 4.0.3 - plays slide shows). There is an icon at the bottom of the iPhoto window, next to the print icon. Sometimes the transitions can be a bit jerky, esp if a few other apps are running.

Try it out ... only you can judge whether you are satisfied with how the Pismo handles it.

Have fun>>