slideshow with music software?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by derm318, Apr 5, 2005.

1. derm318 macrumors newbie

I wish to make a slideshow and add audio to the show. Any suggestions for the best program to accomplish this?

2. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

This a joke right?....

I guess not. One word: iPhoto

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

April Fools!!! :D

4. derm318 thread starter macrumors newbie

That kind of demenaing answer to a question from a person who may not be as sophisticated as you is really not helpful. In fact, your one word answer is a pretty poor one. I am looking for a program which will allow me maximum flexibility with the creation of a slidshow with the appearance of a movie that can be viewed on both macs and PC's as well as on DVD players. Would some less arrogant person please help me with this.

5. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

You've got to give these details from the begining. People will help, but you can't expect us to know exactly what you want.

Now, let me get this right: You want to create a slide show of pictures. You want music to play in the background. Do you want different music for different pics? And you expect this to work on windows and os x and DVD players.

PowerPoint is one option.
    SWF 'n Slide 1.111 is another (its not free). It uses flash so the DVD part is out. I think you may be looking for too much.

EDIT:
    Actually, look at quicktime and iMovie. I think you might be able to do what you want. It may take a lot of work though. You should be able to make a quicktime movie.

6. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

If you want something slightly more advanced than iPhoto check out Photo to Movie. Think of it as the Ken Burns effect in iMovie on steroids. It's pretty easy to get to grips with and allows you more control over your slideshow, not overly cheap though.

7. HappyOddGirl macrumors newbie

Slide Transition Details

I have been trying to do something like this, too. I made the slideshow I wanted with PowerPoint, but was then unable to upload it to the internet. Also, I noticed that the slideshow did not always play exactly the same: sometimes the music started a little late, which threw out all the timings.

Can anyone please tell me if SWF 'n Slide 1.111 lets you set individual timings for each slide, or if it only runs slides at a set rate? I found that QuickTime Pro only runs them at a set rate, and I really want to make the pictures change to match the music! :D

If anyone can help me, I'd be very grateful. :)

8. teep1947 macrumors newbie

combining photos and video with music

i have a problem in that when i combine photos with a video clip and set the slideshow so that the slides total time equals the piece of music i have selected, the final frame of the video clip is held for a few seconds giving the effect that the slideshow is stuck. logically i understand what is happening but i want to know if there is anyway that the clip can be followed seamlessly by the next photo