Sliding down hill

Discussion in 'Community' started by mac15, Jun 14, 2002.

1. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

I remember when MR used to be cool, about a month ago
    it used to be the best site around know its filled with *******s and flamewars ( alpha and jello ) it used to be about rumors and other mac stuff now its about eyelikeart and what his son is like......this is stupid
    what about the good old times where it would be fun, now it just page after page of endless bitching and arguments, I now most of the macrumors members aren't asses but lately it has been no stop bitching.
    This may have been said in the other flamewar threads but its getting rediculous.
    I may not be the best one to say it but Its time for all the older MR members to stand up and say WTF is going on and make a change.........

2. mr.w macrumors regular

I hope that you realize that a comment like yours will only make things worse.. (I don't think there so bad) sometimes it's even a little fun.

3. mr.w macrumors regular

If you don't want to hear about anything else then mac stuff, don't enter the community discussion section. There is still talk of APPLE rumors, in the hardware ad software rumors section. The community discussion section was specifically created to talk about anything .... even if it is stupid stuff like eyelikeart's son.

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

didn't want to be the first to reply to this thread cause i agree it doesn't help things. but mac15, curious why you singled me out. i never thought there was any problem between us or anything. and as for flamewars, i haven't been involved in any that i know of. though if you see me making fun of some people that know i'm joking and you don't then you could see it as such.

anyhoo, just curious why i was singled out. thanks. later

5. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

well, I kind of agree but it will return to normal nearer to MWNY.

I can't wait till NY, hold in there Mac15.

Ensign

6. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

7. mr.w macrumors regular

I agree, everyone it's just getting a little giddy... you know with all of the G5 rumors and all. People are just getting tired of the same worthless rumors so we've spiced things up a bit. Just remember, most of what you see is all in good fun. It's not intended to offend people.

8. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

haha. maybe it was you being gone ensign...

as for mwny fixing things.

i think that there isn't much problem in the mac related sections of the site. besides a relative lack of good stories...

the community section is where the "problems" have been and that's not really mac related, so i'm not sure how much mwny will do to "fix" that...

basically i think with the community section, jump in! no one excludes others by choice, it happens as a result of who does or does not post....

good to hear about the powerbook.

9. mr.w macrumors regular

Arn is even trying to separate all the talk about demi-gods and conversion and everything for the regular community forms. (macrumors demi-god/mug/postcount/site talk) <--- section)

Smart guy.

10. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

When you spend as much time on here as we do and there's nothing really going on news-wise, it's only natural for people to joke around and entertain themselves in the interim.

Now where did that thread on oversensitivity go?:p

11. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Re: Sliding down hill

Ok, let me see how I can say this without starting the very flamewar that you talk of. The site is changing. Will everyone think for the best. No. We spend a lot of time here, and we have the ability to communicate on stuff other than rumors. I think that was a great addition to the site, and has allowed a lot of us to become friends. Sure Alpha can bite a head off, and sure some of the thread are based on nothing more than poking fun at other members, but you know what? That is called friendship Mac15, and personally, I perfer it over spikey, and GoCyrus, and the crap that used to get posted on a regular basis. Arn baned those people for a reason. I have not been a member as long as you, but I have been lurking just as long. I even registered back then, but forgot my name.

Seriously though. Why say something like you did. All it is going to do is raise tempers, and raise the level of hostility between users. We are all on the same team right! If you don't like the thread topic, then don't read it. I don't. If you don't like the conversation, then don't join it. Seriously, it is YOUR choice as to whether you join in a topic or not. Use that right. Express yourself in a logical intelligent manner, and people will respond with kindness to you. I have been in flamewars with GoCyrus and Spikey before, and it sucked. There is no reason for it anylong. If you are upset about the DGVPG. Get over it. It was a joke. It was for fun. It was nothing, absolutely nothing.

So, all of that being said, this is now probably my longest post, but hopefully, one of my most meaningful. There is an important lesson that you can learn from this. Change what you can, and accept what you cannot change. Live life by that rule, and you will be happy. Again, sorry if this is a flame invite, but damn, just get over it.

12. mr.w macrumors regular

13. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Come on mac15, it's community discussion and there was nothing happening to speak of. I haven't seen any serious flamewars this year and a lot of joking around. Can you take anything in the forum seriously when half of a thread consists of me talking like Austin Powers?

14. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

I was in a bad mood.....sorry everyone for going nuts

15. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

no worries...

sorry my stalker got under your skin... ;)

I know what it's like to get annoyed around here. I'm sure u remember a few weeks ago when I was b*tching about posting & such. I agree it got a little hectic around here last week, but I think things are going to cool down for a while. Arn's made some changes since I was here last that seem could do some well for everyone. :D