1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

slight gap when iBook is closed...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by dscan99, Jan 19, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

When I close my iBook shut, I see a slight 1cm (or less) gap. It's not completely shut.. I didn't pay close attention to it when it was brand new 2 months ago I'm not sure if it existed from Day 1 or not...

Does anyone know if it's normal for this gap to exist or does it require a visit to the dealer?

2. macrumors 6502

Ummm... 1cm or 1mm?

3. macrumors 68000

varmit

There it is a gap, about 1mm, not cm. Because you don't want the screen laying right on the keyboard. Do you?

4. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Dscan, Look at the top of the screen -- see the two feet at the upper left and upper right corners of the plastic surrounding it? They sit on the palm-rest surface. So they hold the screen away from the keyboard. Maybe *two* mm. ;) But yes, that is by design. If those aren't in contact with the palm-rest, *then* something is askance. :cool:

5. macrumors regular

:)

heh..guess i'm worse at estimating lengths than I thought.

I just measured it and it's a 2mm gap. Thanks for the explanation re: two lil feet sticking out. Never really observed those. :)

I'm feeling good again...... :D

6. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Well, the iBook is sooo beautiful....just wait until the next time you sit down at a laptop from Dell or Compaq! :p

7. macrumors regular

heh.. funny you mention that. I do sit in front of a Dell laptop at work and I just don't feel the love!!!!It just look slike a chunka metal combined with a chunka plastic. (black that is). The iBook has made my time spent in front of a computer truly worthwile. Last week I found myself emailing some work-stuff home just so I could spend more time with 'er. :D IS that weird or what? :rolleyes: