Slight problem with Macbook trackpad/button

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by coffey7, Jun 20, 2006.

1. coffey7 macrumors 6502a

coffey7

It seems that I have to push down way to hard to get the track pad button to register. The other problem is some times when using the pad to move the cursor it seems to freeze for a few seconds sometimes.I have to move my finger around and around to get it to unfreeze. I have not noticed this on any other laptops that I have used before.Thanks for any imput.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If it's a software-based issue, a PMU reset may help. If it's a hardware-based problem then taking it to Apple is probably the best option. :)

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I very much doubt it's software related. Bring it to a store/authorized repair person/center. Or call Apple support.

4. coffey7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffey7

Thanks. I followed the instructions and everything is fine with the cursor.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Good to hear it's working properly. How about the track pad button? Is it still taking a few clicks before it registers? :)

6. coffey7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffey7

The button is still not as responsive as a friends powerbook or sony laptop.

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If your actual trackpad is set to accept taps as clicks, is it as responsive as it should be or do the problems carry through? :)

8. jbee macrumors member

Trackpad nightmares - MacBook

Arrrgh! I got a MacBook from the London regent st. store on 21st June. For a few days it was fine until i noticed the cursor sticking as well as surface peeling off from the trackpad button. Additionally the trackpad button lacked any kind of positive feedback.

I got a replacement today from the regent st. store.

DAMN! I got the thing home and it looks like they've given me a refurb unit! Smudge on casing, dirty powercord and worse still the trackpad feedback is non existant!!!!

I'm furious and now have to go through the apple care route to get it sorted.

GRRRR