Sliiiiightly darker corners of display

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Swordylove, Dec 11, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

Apr 23, 2012

Is it normal that the iMac (2012) display is sliiiightly darker at the (very) corners? I hope I'm just seeing things, but I don't think so. It's not noticeable unless I really stare at the corners.
  2. macrumors 6502

Dec 25, 2007
  3. macrumors 6502a

Jul 17, 2011
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Apple screens. If slightly dark corners is the worst you get from them, take it and move on. It's not unusual for them to sell screens that are half yellow and half white, and then for them to claim that it's well within their specifications.
  4. Ayers, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012

macrumors newbie

Dec 10, 2012
    Sounds like an apple rep explaining how to hold an iPhone4

OP: Can you test your monitor with an application that can give you more objective data (or at least highlight the defect)? Something like

Not sure if it will show you what you are looking for but I feel like there are better apps out there.

edit: Also found this 2009 imac screen test instructions
  5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apr 23, 2012
    I don't know how to test it as it's not the yellow tinge problem. I'd like to know if anyone else with 2012 iMac noticing the same thing (very corners of screen slightly darker). I'm thinking of giving Apple a call, but I don't want to seem to make fuss of something nonexistent/insignificant.