Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Black or White Alum keyboard keys for new MP

• Black keys, White is so yesterday!!

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • White keys, I'm holding on to pre 10/14 Apple!!

Votes: 11 30.6%

• Total voters

shoulin333

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
California
I am hoping that when they refresh the new Mac Pro that they refresh the apple keyboard to have black keys.

I would love to pick one of these up,... and maybe an all alum mouse (sexy)

i really don't know about the mouse but do you like to see black keys or keep the white?

remmy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
how about

http://www.iskin.com/protouch_gallery_kbrd.html

gallery_1_big.png

grue

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2003
Somewhere.
I am hoping that when they refresh the new Mac Pro that they refresh the apple keyboard to have black keys.

I would love to pick one of these up,... and maybe an all alum mouse (sexy)

i really don't know about the mouse but do you like to see black keys or keep the white?

Backlit keyboard would be nice, don't give a damn about the colour.

Mouse I couldn't possibly care less about, since it'll almost certainly suck. Apple hasn't made a decent mouse this century.

TimmyDee

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2007
I voted black, but I hardly think it's the post-10/14 option. Rather, I like to think of it as the pre-1/02 option. :D

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
Backlit keyboard would be nice, don't give a damn about the colour.

Mouse I couldn't possibly care less about, since it'll almost certainly suck. Apple hasn't made a decent mouse this century.

Backlit keyboards are only useful for people who can't type, period.
Why not attend some typing class and learn something useful? Then you can show off to your friends with your nifty skills, read a book and input data at the same time!!

I've wanted backlit for a while now...

Buy a MacBookPro and you'll get them!
Dohhhh!

photoshop anyone

Would be great if some third-party company would make some custom key-caps for the wireless keyboard, so users of applications like Logic, FinalCut Pro, Avid, Photoshop etc. Don't need to hunt around and learn all the many short cuts there are!

Oh wait... there's this!! But they're not cheap!

Attachments

• FCP-M89-US-NAB2008f5.jpg
    FCP-M89-US-NAB2008f5.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 228
  • FCP-M89-US-NAB2008f.jpg
    FCP-M89-US-NAB2008f.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 164
  • LS-FCP-MBPC1.jpg
    LS-FCP-MBPC1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 151

grue

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2003
Somewhere.
Backlit keyboards are only useful for people who can't type, period.

That's a pretty ignorant point of view.

Personally, I'd like the backlit keyboard for when I'm gaming. Certain games, particularly my flight simulators, use every key on the keyboard, including those which I very rarely use otherwise. I type very, very well for actual data input, but for crap like the numeric keypad and the page up/down keys which I never touch outside of games, no, I don't know those locations particularly well.

bunit

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2007
Westerly RI
The Black keys look great. I may have to pick up that cover, clear with the black keys for my aluminum keyboard. Does anyone have an iskin cover? If so, how is the fit and do the keys work ok?:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.