Slim iPod Touch 4G cases?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pchipchip, Oct 9, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

What case should I get for my white iPod Touch 4G when it comes out? I don't want something that is very bulky, but I want it to protect it. And something that is not very expensive. I am also wondering about screen protectors. Which one works fairly well and keeps the screen from getting scratched.

2. macrumors member

BrHop156

If you don't put it in the same pocket as your keys, the screen will not get scratched. The back will get scuffed without a case, but not enough to warrant the extra bulk, IMO.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

On my current iPod the back would always get scratched a lot and I want to keep my new one in good condition because I might want to sell it in a while.

4. macrumors member

BrHop156

Unfortunately, even with a case, it will never look as nice as it once did

5. macrumors 6502

One needs to put the iPod in a case right after unboxing for it to be in tip top condition.

6. macrumors 68020

Firestar

I would suggest a BSE, BodyGuardz, Invisible Shield, or whatever else similar. That's about the thinnest you're going to get.

7. macrumors 6502

8. macrumors 6502

moderately

I bought a touch last year and liked the way it slipped into my pocket w/o a case. It has held up well- back is scratched but screen is doing great.

I want a case now because I am tired of holding it without one. Started reading on it and after a little while the thin edge is just annoying. Haven't found the case yet but wondering if otterbox will work for me. I don't want it bulky but a little morealong the edge would be welcome.

9. macrumors regular

I'm a fan of the incipio feather range of cases. I bought one for my ipad1 and I liked the feel of it and how it didn't add too much bulk. My daughter has had a few silicon type cases for her iPod and I hate the feel of them, it's a bit like cold dead flesh or something, plus a bit bulky. I was really pleased when I found an incipio feather iPod case plus screen protector in a sale bin for my older camera-less touch.

10. macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

I just have a basic blue case that does the job. It saved my iPod once. I got it for like $2.

----------

I can never hold the iPod touch 4 without a case it seems so slippery and I put it in the case when I got it and it still got scratched up I don't take it out that often. Maybe every 2 months to wipe the back.

11. macrumors 6502a

yeah that's pretty smart, it keeps its resale value a lot better. If you don't want anything bulky your best bet is a cheap plastic case. just check the reviews, and save yourself some money.

12. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! Yeah I just really wanted a case this time because I know that at least some of the people that I know that are going to buy a new iPod want a clean screen and unscathed back.

13. macrumors 65816

tablo13

Belkin grip vue, or just get a protection film like BestSkinsEver.

14. macrumors 6502a

Gatteau

15. macrumors 6502

iPhonemaster5S

I would suggest Speck, from my experience they are the best. My old iPod touch(2nd gen) survived a drop from the top of my staircase and it worked perfectly fine.

16. macrumors newbie

it sounds like you're in the alley for a nice ol' silicon case.