SlingBox on ATV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by K3mp, Jun 3, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

May 4, 2008
    S.E. Louisiana
    Is it possible for a SlingBox to control an ATV? It would be very useful to be able to stream iTunes over the net.
  2. f1
    macrumors 6502

Oct 11, 2007
    Yes Every slingbox except for the Slingbox Tuner, and the AV one can do that.
  3. macrumors regular

Dec 28, 2007
    Portland OR
  4. macrumors 68030

Nov 2, 2003
    Silicon Valley
  5. macrumors member

Mar 4, 2008

With a PS3 you can do this (to a PSP) without a slingbox. Of course disadvantage is that you don't get your nice large laptop screen!

Why won't Apple just do this straight out of the ATV? how hard could it be to add the SW into the ATV OS?
  6. macrumors 68020

Nov 18, 2007
    WTF the OP didn't ask or even mention the PS3 what an irrelevant post.
  7. macrumors 6502

Aug 19, 2007
    I'm not quite sure if this is what you're getting at, but I said a few months back that Location-Free viewing would be a great companion feature for the AppleTV. I'd love to be able to que up my home movie collection from any TV. Sure, it wouldn't be an instant download, but I think it's doable.
  8. macrumors member

Mar 4, 2008

Errr sorry maybe I should have explained more! With PS3 you effectively have a the slingbox functionality built into it, so you can stream your movies and music to a remote location (to the PSP) at the moment there isn't a pc or mac client.

You will also be able to stream live and recorded TV to, and schedule programs to record remotely.