Slingbox player

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by jozeppy26, Jun 17, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

jozeppy26

Alrighty so I have Dish network and Dishanywhere. I'm having issues with my sling box plugin refusing to accept my OS-browser combo. I've tried changing my user agent in safari but I get sent to the page below every time, despite install. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2013-06-17 at 9.32.13 PM.png

2. macrumors 6502a

GIZBUG

Having same issues. No fix yet =(

3. macrumors newbie

4. macrumors regular

DribbleCastle

Any updates?

Has anyone tested to see if this has changed with the latest betas? Like Beta 5. One of the bigger things holding me back from upgrading my MacBook Air. Let me know if you have a moment.

5. macrumors newbie

No change yet. Slingbox has to allow 10.9 as a supported OS so there will be no change until they update it.

In addition to the Facebook workaround, you can also switch the user agent to a compatible version. In Safari, going to Develop and switching to Safari 6.1 works well.

6. macrumors regular

DribbleCastle

Thanks!

Thanks for that info. Didn't know about the Safari workaround. Hmm, maybe ill give it a shot. Probably shouldn't but new stuff is always hard to resist for me.

7. macrumors newbie

SlingPlayer App

Another solution for those still waiting; use the "old" desktop SlingPlayer app. I am running SlingPlayer 1.0.10.272 and having no issues.

8. macrumors member

When you are on the page that tells you that you:

"We're sorry, but your current web browser, operating system, or the combination of both is not currently supported by the SlingPlayer plug-in. Please click here for more information."

Select "Firefox 11.0 - Mac" for the user agent. The page will reload and the sling player plugin will start working.

9. macrumors 68030

I still use the App. I don't like it being embedded in the browser.