Slingbox/Sling Media

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TechnoPagan, Sep 29, 2006.

1. TechnoPagan macrumors regular

I think this is something I could get a lot of use out of--I have only one TV in the house connected to the satellite/DirecTv. Which means when I need to clear something off TiVo, I need to be in the front room and not cuddled up in bed. And yes, I am just that lazy.

So, any word on the SlingBox? It's now listing Mac in its tech specs, but I'm wondering if anyone here has used the Slingbox AV. Thoughts? Opinions?

I have all Macs at home--the desktop iMac G4 in the office, the Powerbook 15" that goes to work daily (yeah--I probably should clear eps of Grey's Anatomy while working; maybe just during a meeting), and a 17" MBP that pretty much stays in the bedroom.

2. coal macrumors regular

coal

Haven't used a Slingbox and probably won't as it seems too limited really? That said, I just wish Tivo would get their Mac client for Tivo-to-go out already!

(I hate having to boot into Windows just for one application.)

3. Reaver macrumors 6502

4. TechnoPagan thread starter macrumors regular

Tell me more, coal, about the limitations? I must admit I'm not 100% sure and fear this is more of an impulse buy than anything.

5. levitynyc macrumors 65816

My boss has slingbox at home and he watches TV at work (Its good to be the king). Anyways it works flawlessly and I think its worth EVERY PENNY!

6. TechnoPagan thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, levitynyc! At $179, I don't find it to be too many pennies. So, I'll just keep an eye on things at SlingMedia and wait for the public release of the Mac software. It should be within the month :D