Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dartzorichalcos

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2007
Atlantis
If you have a dream that might seem impossible at first, don't give up, just follow it and keep on trying.:) You'll will be victorious sooner or later.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Forget the fatigue, cramps, pirahanas, and other scary stuffs... he got second degree burns all over from sun exposure! :eek: Still quite the feat, especially considering he set three previous world records for distance.

dsnort

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2006
In persona non grata
You accidentally swam 4.5 miles? :confused:

Typical college weekend, too much alcohol, too few active neurons. Swam the Withalacoochee river from springs to the take out point,( it was a tubing river ).

Seemed like a good idea when we started, felt like a death march by the time we finished. (I'm estimating 4.5 miles, seemed like 45 ).

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Typical college weekend, too much alcohol, too few active neurons. Swam the Withalacoochee river from springs to the take out point,( it was a tubing river ).

I hope you were not drunk while you were swimming! :eek:

Seemed like a good idea when we started, felt like a death march by the time we finished. (I'm estimating 4.5 miles, seemed like 45 ).

Well, glad to hear that you survived dsnort. And swimming 4.5 miles is still impressive. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.