Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kriista1234

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
Anyone else have the problem that when you first open Notes it takes like 2-3 seconds before it's up to date? And trying to view anything in that time period freaks out Notes and either creates duplicate entries or kicks you out of the note you were in?

I've also noticed that if I enter or edit a note and quit Notes before it updates that that data is lost completely. It took me weeks to figure out why I had half words, or missing entries in some of my notes.

I love that it syncs everywhere, but I really hate having to 'babysit' it by opening it, then waiting for it to update, then do the reverse after entering something.

I'd totally jump ship to evernote, but I NEED to be able to look at files offline.

JanSKay

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2009
Notes slow to update

I updated a note 10 min. ago on my MacBook and still waiting for it to appear on my iPhone. This also started happening with the address book updates recently as well. Just when I'm ready to give up, the updates finally will appear. Changes used to appear almost immediately.

Anyone else have the problem that when you first open Notes it takes like 2-3 seconds before it's up to date? And trying to view anything in that time period freaks out Notes and either creates duplicate entries or kicks you out of the note you were in?

I've also noticed that if I enter or edit a note and quit Notes before it updates that that data is lost completely. It took me weeks to figure out why I had half words, or missing entries in some of my notes.

I love that it syncs everywhere, but I really hate having to 'babysit' it by opening it, then waiting for it to update, then do the reverse after entering something.

I'd totally jump ship to evernote, but I NEED to be able to look at files offline.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.