SLoW iPod 5g

Discussion in 'iPod' started by warcraftmaster, Oct 27, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

Just got my iPod 5g (60gb) black. it every thing that i want to be but just plan using it seems slow the menus are really slow to the 3g's, 4g's. is it my iPod or me or does the new iPod have a flaw? it feels like a windows it laggs or jumps

2. macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I tried it at the store and noticed the same thing:(

3. macrumors 68020

killuminati

Mine is exactly the same. Not nearly as smooth and fast as my mini. The 5G takes a second before it changes menus and it's not smooth when it does. I keep thinking it's going to freeze or something.

4. macrumors regular

Noticed a little of that on mine. Just got it yesterday and loaded it up today. Not enough to worry about though. 60 gb white. This thing is sweet. Almost too nice to even use.....:D

5. macrumors regular

6. macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I also noticed a significant degredation in GUI performance... enough to be annoying. Hope this fix works, thanks!

7. macrumors regular

I had the previous gen and it was having similar problems... then it died. It was completely replaced and now it is as expected going through the menus. Obviously for battery saving there has to be a delay as the hard-rive spins up etc.. I guess a Nano wouldn't?

8. macrumors 68040

powerbook911

9. macrumors 6502

Konradx

anyone notice that the center click button is harder to press the the old gens? Like you really have to press it deep down to select something? Is it just a flaw in mine or all of them are lame like that now?

10. macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

Yeah, I noticed that pretty much all of the buttons are stiffer now, I think it has to do with the slim-ness.