slow .mac uploads

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kyle Nerder, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Kyle Nerder macrumors regular

Kyle Nerder

Hey,

I have a demo .mac account. I am debating on subscribing over the next few days.

One thing that is a mojor turn off is the super slow uploads I am getting. My ISP is good for 256k upload, but 5mb of files is taking 4ever. Is this the way it always is?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Yeah, uploads to iDisk are dead slow. That's one thing that sucks about .Mac. I have a hunch it's got more to do with the Finder than Apple's servers though.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I don't know that it's Finder because Safari, iWeb and the old iPhoto had the same problem. :(

5. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Think it also depends what time of day you put it up at. Put it up when most of the US goes to sleep and it's much faster. Not rocket-fast, but faster.

I stuck a 190MB file up the other day and it took a while at 256Kbps upload but not forever. I don't think it was more than about 20 minutes although I wasn't counting.

6. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Someone tell Apple to use some of their "oh so nice" xserves and put them to good use... ;)

7. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Use Transmit to access your iDisk... I find it much faster and more responsive.

8. hob macrumors 68020

hob

Wow! You're right!
    .Mac is so slow! Has anyone tried making an iWebsite? Check mine out, see how long it takes to load:

http://web.mac.com/hobmcd/iWeb