Slow MBP early 2011 with mountain lion

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by bardiaheshmati, Jul 27, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

bardiaheshmati

Hi , Last night I upgraded my machine to Mountain Lion and it was so slow and laggy , Today i did a clean install , the installation was fast but still so laggy , when i disable the automatic graphic switch it becomes bette but still so slow ...
    My machine is MBP Early 2011 with 8 GB Ram , One more thing is when i want to resize my Safari and Chrome to fit the screen (NOT FULL SCREEN) it stops where my dock used to be but i always hide my dock , other applications are fine.

any help

2. macrumors 65816

kappaknight

3. macrumors newbie

Snow Leopard was the last decent osx.
    DOWNGRADE!
    and btw I have the same macbook pro, always had problems. Im still having problems, it gets super hot, kernel panic, etc. It always get SLOW. So slow and laggy
    I hate it, 3 times at the apple repair shop , nothing happened
    lets forget about the pro side of apple :(
    now, cause of this useless 4000$ macbook pro i bought 1 year and 2 months ago I cant work
    so im thinkin about hackintxxxxdsadafxcghtghdfg

4. macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

That is odd. I have the 17" variant of the early 2011 model. It seems to have no problems. I would guess that you could try preparing permissions. Launch disk utility and repair permissions. Also spotlight is normally a culprit of heat caused by upgrades.

5. macrumors newbie

I did a clean install on my early 2011 MBP and it is faster now than it was with Lion.

6. macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

It is a bit more laggy on my MBP early 2011, at least more than Lion. I had the same issue with Lion until 10.7.1 came out. I guess since it's the first iteration of the OS, it maybe sorta expected. I have to admit after a few days of using it has gotten a little less laggy. Maybe it's just my perception of "getting used to it", dunno.

7. macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

Clean install or upgrade?
    My clean install is way faster, even with integrated the gpu on.

8. macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

dot zero release. Typical. Apple will do some graphics tweaks in the subsequent updates.

9. macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

upgrade

10. macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

That could be a problem. If you can, backup your data and do a clean wipe and install. Don't use time machine for restoring your data. It will bring back the slowness with it.

11. macrumors member

I have early 2011 13 inch which is equiped in intel hd 3000 only. All animations are slower than in Lion or Snow Leopard. Probably there are bad graphic drivers. I have made some novabench test on lion and mountain lion. On lion novabench graphic test scrored higher result = 50fps. On mountain lion it was only 30 fps. Its significiant difrence.

12. thread starter macrumors newbie

bardiaheshmati

Why you so Laggy Mountain Lion !?!?!

:apple: I have the same feeling for this issue , now after few days working with it , it became a bit better but still comparing to Lion it's not as smooth as it used to be ! :confused: I'm still considering whether it's related to the graphic card or not , I watched a video in YouTube someone posted a short piece of video of this problem [ Mountain Lion Preview 3] and he turned off the Auto graphic switching . it seemed that it was ok after that !

:apple: I did clean installation too ! when i upgraded first time from lion , Hell so slow ! i wanted to cry for the first few hours ! haha !

:apple: I remember last year when lion came out i help my friend to upgrade her SnowLeopard to lion , her machine was the 2010 model , When for the first time i tried to open the App lunch with pinching 4 fingers it was so laggy and i was so surprised ! now i'm experiencing the same problem ! haha !

13. macrumors newbie

This: Is Spotlight indexing?

I was laggy at first and a little concerned but once spotlight finished indexing my macbook was running faster than it was before. :)

14. macrumors newbie

Same old problem here!

I have the MacBook Pro 17" and mine is so slow it's close to unusable at the moment. Mail and Safari both continue to "stop responding". I certainly hope it's Spotlight and re-indexing everything, otherwise this will be the worst upgrade ever. Rick