Slow Motion in FCP?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AnotherWannaBe, Feb 25, 2003.

1. AnotherWannaBe macrumors newbie

I just got Final Cut Pro 3 and i've used it a bit to create some videos of snowboarding and stuff. The filters and transitions were easy enough to figure out how to do but I can't figure out how to take a clip and slow it down just a little (easier to see the moves the boarder is doing). Can anyone give me a little help or point me in the right direction?

2. .a macrumors regular

on final cut pro 2 it was command j - probably it's the same in 3 you can also speed it up - have fun!
    .a

3. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

i think you have to make each frame actually
    dupe itself. you slow down the speed of the frames by duplicating the frames. so instead of frame one showing up for only one frame for instance, it shows for five frames and appears to slow the motion. i cant see fcp using this technique though, i would think apple would come up with a better solution.

4. AnotherWannaBe thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey! The Command-J thingy worked! It pops up a window where I can enter the clip duration value in percent. Sweet! Thanks a million!

MAC USERS RULE!!!!!!!

5. bidge macrumors 6502

manual

alternatively you could have looked up the manual,
    assuming of course that it came in the box you bought

6. AnotherWannaBe thread starter macrumors newbie

i trudged through the manuals and didnt see anything pertaining to increasing/decreasing the duration of clips. Did i read every single page of all the manuals? No i didnt. i guess it was wrong of me to ask for assistance oh great and mighty bidge. next time i have a question i'll remember that asking for help is prohibited on these forums. jerk.

7. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

im still not use to it, but peoplee around here get a little full of themselves.

welcome to the mac community. we dont all suck and wanna see you fall :) fcp is great isnt it?

8. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

You can also put the mouse over the clip in the timeline you want to effect, right click, and select "speed."

Lethal