slow motion

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macmancan, Apr 21, 2006.

1. macmancan macrumors newbie

macmancan

Hey mac men and women,

Do you guys know any little tech codes to give my mac a kick start?:)

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Please consider providing more information about what you want. Liberally add things like what kind of Mac, what it's spcs are, what version of OS X, and just what the heck you are talking about.

Kick start? Slow motion?

3. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

I've seen like 1000 posts that are just pointless/vague/non-descript from this kid and ... MADMACMAN or something like that. Very obnoxious.

BE SPECIFIC, NO ONE HAS ANY IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

4. macmancan thread starter macrumors newbie

macmancan

simply

1000......well Im sorry for all the pointless threads by me. What Im saying is> what do the tech's at service repair shops do to fix your computer? What IM saying is how can I make my computer run more smootly without getting new ram or processors? I have a PM g4 and it usually works veryy smoothly. then after I was on the internet for a while it slowed way down....SORRY for MY non-Technical,computer stupid way of talking.:) :)

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

That completely depends on what is wrong with it when the attempt to fix it is made.

Start by not installing a bunch of 3rd party haxies. Don't run a jillion Dashboard widgets. Don't run a bunch of memory hogging apps. Make sure you have enough RAM, and enough free disk space, and keep your OS up to date. And buying RAM and processor upgrades ALWAYS help.

The Mac did, or your web browsing did? There's a huge difference. Did a restart fix the issue?

6. macmancan thread starter macrumors newbie

macmancan

7. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Is this... THIS again?

Damn I can't even be THAT vague when I try..

8. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

yeah, yellow. That's what I'm talking about. Tons of threads that are just OMG MY MOUSE CLICK DIDN'T WORK, VIRUS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?