Slow start for apple stores

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by britboy, Feb 12, 2002.

1. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

2. britboy thread starter macrumors 68030

britboy

just been checking through the detailed accounting report that's linked at the bottom of the page... overall, despite the loss from the stores, net profits were realised, or $0.11 a share! Cash balance is up to $3.6bn, and long-term debt is down to $315m. Fairly good picture i would say!

Sorry for the double post.

3. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

A loss of $8m isn't too bad... that's only $300,000 per store. I think that we can expect to see them doing very well in a year or so.

4. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Stores

Hey the stores are new, and it should not take long for them to take hold. They offer special services to apple customers so people will come back to them for advice and software purchases.

5. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    These stores were expected to run at a loss for at least the first year...a typical projection for such a high investment. It's ok...Apple's healthy.

The two (best kept) secrets about the Apple Stores:

1. Thirsty while traipsing through the mall? Go to the genius bar and ask for a bottle of water. They'll toss you an Evian.

2. What to do after downing that nice cold bottle of water? Why, use the restroom, of course...open to the public, and better than some of the dirty public pee-holes so often found at the mall.

6. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

with new imac out I think they will do very well