Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seepel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
Hello all. Is anyone else experiencing slow wifi on their new MBA? On my home network I can usually get ~10MB/s but with the new MBA I can only get about 5MB/s and it doesn't seem steady, frequently drops lower and raises back up.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or is it just me? Perhaps my router is having troubles or I need to change channels or something...

df2gadgetman

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2011
KCRG
I had a similar situation on my 2010 MBA 11" which I no longer own. I used to have good wifi reception in the garage, then my MBA would lose the wifi signal. I use a linksys wifi (dont know the model #) and changed wifi channels. Still same results. Then, I tried using my Dell XPS M140 laptop in the garage, it works perfectly and no wifi drops with strong signal strength.

I just bought a 2011 13" MBA and I hope it doesnt suffer of loss of wifi connection.

Good Luck.
Darren

Last edited:

liudekhua

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2011
do you use bluetooth together with wifi? try turning bluetooth off and test the wifi speed again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.