Slow Windows Media Player feed & iCal question

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by jeffchapmanjc, Oct 8, 2004.

1. jeffchapmanjc macrumors member

Sep 21, 2004
    Thanks to my neighbor for signing for the package while I was out, my first-ever Mac is up and running last night. Zero hardware defects, zero dead pixels!

A couple of newbie questions though...

1> When I try to view video feeds at or, those sites seem to think I'm running on a 56K dial-up connection. I've checked QuickTime, Windows Media Player and Real configurations - everything is set for cable connection speed and the web sites themselves don't seem to have settings to adjust. Visiting, however, gives me the option to choose between Real and WMP9 as well as the connection speed. Videos streaming from Cnet appear brilliantly.

2> Before I sold my XP computer, I backed up everything as many ways as I could. I used Entourage to act as a middleman to get my e-mails into Mail but can't find a way to import my Outlook (from Office XP) Calendar into either Entourage or iCal.

If I could iron out these issues, it would really improve this ex-Windows-guru-turned-Switcher's Mac experience! Any suggestions would be most welcome! :)
  2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    im not sure if iCal can import from Outlook, but you can give it a try by opening iCal and under File, there is an import option, give it a try, and i know that Entourage has a similar import function that you should try, if neither one of these work then i am at a loss as well